Entry Deadline for GuitarTown Artists Extended to February 15, 2013
The Waukesha GuitarTown Steering Committee is in search of artists to design the Gibson Les Paul guitars for Phase II of the Waukesha GuitarTown Project. If you are an artist and resident of Wisconsin, why not become a part of what will be recognized as one of the largest events in the Midwest?
Debut of GuitarTown Project
The debut of Waukesha GuitarTown was last year during a big weekend celebration was a successful event. The guitars were decorated by 30 area artists and placed at various locations throughout downtown Waukesha.
The ten 10-foot-tall Gibson guitars paid tribute to inventor and music legend Les Paul, a Waukesha native and inventor of the solid-body electric guitar.
After last years success, Gibson Guitar Company has agreed to Phase II in June of 2013. Both 10-foot-tall fiberglass and standard size playable guitars will be available to artists.
The project raised $105,000 for the Waukesha School District, Waukesha County Museum and Waukesha Memorial Hospital, reported Waukesha Now.
Are You an Interested Artist?
All submissions must be made by Friday, February 15, 2013 at 5:00p.m.
All applicants must be 18 years or older and a resident of Wisconsin. Applications will be processed by a selection committee and artists will be reviewed and selected based on their proposal, work examples and resume. Any artist selected to provide artwork will be required to execute a contract for services approved by the selection committee.
Please submit the following:
- Artists must provide all contact information (mailing address, phone, email and website if available)
- 4 photos (4×6) of current artwork clearly labeled
- Detailed concept proposal with both visual (minimum front and back) and a written description of the concept
- Only original materials will be accepted (no fax or email)
- A self-addressed, postage paid mailer if you want application materials returned. All application materials from selected artists will be retained by the selection committee until the project is completed.
- Send or deliver all materials to:
Waukesha West end Artists
342 W. Main Street
Waukesha, WI 53186
Please direct all questions to Lynn Gaffey at 262.542.1522 or Email Lynn GaffeyShare this post via: